- Catherine Ngina Mutava, Associate Director, Strathmore Tax Research Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
- Attiya Waris, Senior Lecturer, Law School, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Sigrid Klæboe Jacobsen, Director, Tax Justice network - Norway
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, Economist focusing on taxation, fiscal corruption and capital flight, Christian Michelsens Institute, Bergen, Extraordinary Professor, African Tax Institute, University of Pretoria
- Olav Lundstøl, Policy Director, Norad. PhD candidate in Tax Policy at the African Tax Institute of the University of Pretoria in South Africa
- Moderated by Ingrid Stolpestad, Framtiden i Våre Hender.
Capital flight from Africa - the #1 challenge to development?
Book launch and debate with leading international experts on tax and development!
It is estimated that African countries, relative to the size of their economies, lose more in corporate tax evasion than countries anywhere else in the world. What is the role of taxation in creating development in Africa? Is stopping illicit financial flows a silver bullet to increase the financing for development? Or are we putting too little emphasis on domestic challenges of building national institutions for taxation?
The book Lifiting the veil of secrecy – Perspectives on International Taxation and Capital Flight from Africa will be available at the seminar.